Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much more commitment is competitive than recreational soccer?
It costs more money, there is more travel involved, and occasionally there are both Saturday and Sunday games. The 2012 fee is $850 for teams that Juan Suarez coaches. Teams coached solely by parents (all of whom have the required “E” license for competitive soccer) have discounts, depending on age bracket.
- When does the season stop and start?
It’s the same schedule as recreational soccer, with games running from after Labor Day at the beginning of September to the weekend before Thanksgiving in late November. Each competitive team also plays at least one tournament.
- Does the player have to live in Cardiff?
4. How far is the travel?
Typically, under a 50 mile radius from Cardiff, and half the games are at home.
5. What if a player is injured or quits?
Cardiff Soccer will refund half the registration fee before the season begins, and then will consider each request for a refund on a case-by-case basis.
6. What’s included in the registration fee?
Professional coaching, all games with sanctioned referees, one tournament, home and away jerseys, one pair of shorts, and one pair of socks. Club backpacks, sweats, jackets and other gear cost extra but are available.
7. I have more questions. How can I get more information?
E-mail: email@example.com, or phone head coach Juan Suarez, 760-944-7059.