Nick Perera brings a wealth of playing and coaching expertise to the Cardiff Mustangs. He is dedicated to teaching a possession style of soccer, and has taken his teams to high levels of achievement and development since joining the Mustangs staff. Known as one of the most talented and skilled forwards in the game of indoor soccer, “Nickity Quick” inspires the players he coaches with his passion for soccer. He also is recognized as one of the best beach soccer players in the world and enjoys introducing and training the next generation of athletes in the game.
More about Coach Perera
- USSF B license
- Assistant Coach at UCSD
- Played with MISL Milwaukee Wave prior to returning to the San Diego Sockers for the 2014-15 season, and is playing with the Ontario Fury for the 2016-17 season.
- Selected the past five seasons to play with the U.S. Beach Soccer Men’s National Team and is the team’s captain.
- Was named the College Cup’s Most Outstanding Offensive Player in 2006, leading the UCSB Gauchos to the NCAA Men’s Soccer Championship and national title.
- Nick is a native Spaniard who spent most of his childhood in Belgium and speaks Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, and English.
- Nick and his wife Michelle welcomed baby Sofia in 2015.