Garry Martin has been coaching youth soccer at Cardiff since 2008, taking his current team from the Rec program and molding them into a successful Competitive team. Growing up in the UK he represented his county (Essex) at all ages and was in the youth program at West Ham Utd. Despite a serious knee injury at the age of 18 he went on to play semi-professionally in the UK SE Counties league for 14 years. He obtained his FA coaching badge in 1992 and coached youth and adult soccer in the UK before moving to the US in 1997. Garry’s passion is developing players and taking them to the highest level they can achieve, concentrating on basic skills through to a longer term player development.
More about Coach Martin
- USSF E license
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Attack Summer Classic Winner 2016 B04
Notts Forest Cup Winner 2016 B04
Attack Summer Classic Finalist 2016 B03
Notts Forest Cup Finalist 2016 B03
Presidio Cup Finalist 2016 B03
- Represented the East of England in a soccer tour to the US at U-14
- Plays in an Men’s Open Arena Soccer League.
- Garry also plays beach volleyball, and loves spending time with family and
friends at the beach.